Daventry Metal Products Limited recognises that the environment is a central business concern and that our manufacturing activities, products and services have potential Environmental Effects.
Accordingly, we have adopted the following policy for our Low March, Sopwith Way & Royal Oak facilities that provides a framework, for setting and reviewing our environmental objectives and targets.
Specifically we will:
- Ensure compliance with existing and future environmental legislation, corporate requirements and other requirements to which DMP subscribes i.e. Quality Assurance and Operating Standards.
- Liaise with relevant external bodies at all levels and work with our own employees to maintain a programme of continual improvement of our environmental performance.
- Identify and seek to reduce the significant environmental aspects of our business and to prevent pollution.
- Optimise the use of resources and ensure we use processes, practices, material and products that avoid, reduce or control pollution.
- We will recover and recycle materials where possible and justifiable.
- Work with our suppliers, sub-contractors and customers to improve our overall environmental performance and wherever feasible influence them to do likewise.
- Require our employees to assist in the implementation of this policy and to work with due consideration.
- Provide appropriate training and supervision to ensure implementation and compliance with this policy.
- Establish and maintain an Environmental Management System compliant with requirements of ISO14001 to cover all activities at our Low March, Sopwith Way & Royal Oak facilities.
The Managing Director has overall responsibility for ensuring that the company policies and procedures are implemented and maintained. This is achieved through direct delegation to the management representatives who have overall responsibility for Health and Safety and Environmental issues, and have direct access to the Managing Director on all such topics.
The Environmental Policy is publicly available and has been approved and authorised by:
L E Childs
Issue A Rev 03 March 2008